Bistro de Luif is located in the centre of Venlo. The bistro is part of De Maaspoort and everyone is always welcome. Whether you're a theatre-goer or not, you can come to our bistro for a delicious dinner, a drink or a tasty lunch. We want you to feel at home with us. Our ingredients are super fresh because we get them from local growers and producers. We use as little packaging material as possible and use every part of our ingredients. This way we limit our footprint and make not only delicious but also honest dishes.
For the school year 2021 - 2022 we are looking for an apprentice independent working cook to support our kitchen team Bistro de Luif.
Your duties include:
- Supporting our chef and colleagues in all necessary preparations;
- Co-responsible for the start-up and shut-down of the kitchen;
- Create and prepare new dishes together with the team;
- taking care of the presentation and layout of the dishes;
- preparing the mise en place;
- Apply your knowledge of HACCP.
Our apprentice loves beautiful and honest dishes and is able to work independently, is flexible and eager to learn and develop. You are super motivated to get started and want to take your learned skills to the next level. Together with the team you strive for a 9+ experience for our guests. You are hospitable, stand for quality and want to give our guests a total experience.
What do we offer you?
- An inspiring, safe and pleasant working environment in the heart of the city of Venlo;
- A young, enthusiastic and motivated team, who share with you a passion for good food and hospitality;
- Good supervision by a qualified teacher;
- competitive salary;
- room for personal development;
- career opportunities within our organization;
- Flexible working hours (both during the week and in the weekend)
Are you following the course for independent working chef and do you recognize yourself in the above mentioned qualities? Send your CV & motivation letter to Mariëlle Warmerdam via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious about the experiences of previous students?
"Hello future students! I'm Timo, 19 years old, and last year I had the opportunity to do an internship at Bistro de Luif in Venlo. In that year I learned a lot; from preparing desserts to filleting salmon. There is plenty to learn! Cooking is done on a delicious and fun level. The team - not to forget - is very friendly and nice to work with. I would definitely recommend you to come and do your internship here!
"Hi, I'm Pim, 19 years old and currently doing an internship at Bistro de Luif in Venlo. Despite this crazy year, I was able to learn a lot. Time is made available to go through things together. From making mayonnaise to preparing desserts; there is always time and space to go through it together and make it. It's a nice team where people work serious and hard but where there's also room for humor. I would definitely recommend this internship!"